Upload a copy of your photo ID (20MB: jpg,png,gif,docx)
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
• If your period of study is 24 weeks or less, you are required to pay full tuition fees in advance of the start date. If your period of study is 25 weeks or more, you are only required to pay a maximum of 50% of the total tuition plus materials fees before your start date. The balance will be due two weeks before the second study period starts. If a student arrives in Townsville and their fees have not been received, we cannot guarantee that the student will be able to start the course.
• All prices are valid until the end of 2022.
• I understand that TIES has the right to alter its fees and conditions, cancel or defer its courses and alter class timetables and contact hours at any time without notice.
• The personal information you provide to us or is obtained about you prior to or during your period of enrolment with us, will be regarded as confidential and will be used for the purpose of processing your enrolment and providing you with the services you request. However, in this process, it may be disclosed to relevant third parties including your family, homestay families, agents, further studies institutions, the Australian Government, the Administrator of the Tuition Protection Scheme (TPS), other statutory bodies and various employees of TIES as required. We are obliged to advise the DHA of certain changes to a student’s enrolment and any breach of Student Visa conditions. The school uses third party communications with students during the course like, WeChat, Whattsapp and Facebook, and these platforms have their own privacy policies. Students agree to the use of these communication platforms during class, as a way of contacting teachers and students, and have the responsibility to make themselves fully aware of the external privacy policies used by these third party organisations.
• I agree to waive and release all claims against Townsville International English School (TIES), its directors and its appointed agents for any loss, accident, injury, delay or expense resulting from participation in any of its courses, airport transfers, excursions, social activities and all types of accommodation arrangements. I also release TIES, its directors and its appointed agents and agree to indemnify TIES, its directors and its appointed agents with regard to any financial obligations or liabilities that I may personally incur or any damage or injury to the person or property of others that I may cause while enrolled in TIES courses.
• I understand that my enrolment at TIES may be terminated at the discretion of TIES, its owners and its appointed agents without refund of fees at my own cost if I do not adhere to the rules, standards and discipline code of TIES.
• If I become ill, injured, or incapacitated, TIES, its directors, teachers, appointed agents and Homestay family members may take such action as any of them considers necessary, including securing medical treatment for me and transporting me back to my country at my own expense. I release them from all liability related to such actions.
• I agree that the laws of Australia shall apply to this agreement and I agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Australian law.
• I agree to allow TIES to provide my personal information to Commonwealth and State agencies and the ESOS Assurance Fund Manager should it be required to do so
• Writing materials are not included in the price.
• Photographs, videos and testimonials provided by the student or taken by TIES may be used in promotional material including Facebook/internet.
• Provisions are made in accordance with the ESOS Act 2000, ESOS regulations 2001 and the National Code 2007.
• Student Visa holders are enrolled in a full-time ELICOS course. A full-time course consists of 20hrs/week. Students are expected to attend 100% of classes and maintain attendance above 80% at all times.
• Students must inform TIES immediately if they change their address in Australia.
• I understand that I cannot transfer to another school or College during the period of my enrolled course without a written letter of release from TIES.
• A full weeks tuition is payable in weeks comprising of public holidays and no refunds or extension of days will be offered due to shorter weeks.
• In the case of provider default, students are protected by provisions of the ESOS Act 2000 and the ESOS regulations 2001.
• This agreement, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All requests for refunds must be made in writing to the Director, Townsville International English School, PO Box 2219, Townsville, 4810. Or email Director@tiesnq.com.au If you are withdrawing from a course due to illness, a medical certificate must accompany your letter.
Tuition fees are non transferable to other students or institutions.
All refunds will be paid in the same currency in which the fees were paid and refunded only to the person who entered into the contract with TIES. However, if the person gives written consent to pay the refund to someone else this will be appropriate. TIES adheres to the policy of refunding fees to the person who originally paid the fees. If you appoint your agent for this enrolment process and your agent pays the fees to TIES on your behalf, the refund will be made to your agent. However, TIES will consider onshore refund payments to the student, if your agent agrees. In either case this is determined at the discretion of the Director of TIES.
All fees paid including any course fees collected by education agents on behalf of TIES, except the non-refundable enrolment fee, accommodation placement fees and air-port pick-up subject to this refund policy.
Refunds will be paid within 14 days of notification.
Bank charges will be deducted from refunds when occurred.
100% of the tuition fees will be refunded if a visa application is rejected. You must notify TIES within 28 days of visa rejection.
100% of the tuition fees will be refunded if you cancel your enrolment in writing 4 or more weeks before the commencement of your course.
50% of the tuition fees will be refunded if you cancel your enrolment in writing less than 4 weeks before the commencement of your course.
Refunds will not be granted once a course has commenced.
TIES reserves the right to cancel a course if numbers are insufficient. In the unlikely event that TIES is unable to deliver your course in full, you will be offered a refund of all the course money you have paid to date. The refund will be paid to you within 2 weeks of the day on which the course ceased being provided. Alternatively, you may be offered enrolment in an alternative course by TIES at no extra cost to you. You have the right to choose whether you would prefer a full refund of course fees, or to accept a place in another course. If you choose placement in another course, we will ask you to sign a document to indicate that you accept the placement.
If TIES is unable to provide the student with a refund or place them in an alternative course, the Tuition Protection Scheme (TPS) will assist the student in finding an alternative course or to get a refund if a suitable alternative is not found. Refunds will be in Australian dollars.
TIES reserves the right to expel a student who does not adhere to the discipline code of behaviour of the school. No refund will be given.
No refund will be given for school closures due to dangerous situations (E.g. fire, cyclone, pandemics, flooding etc.) The school may decide to close for the safety of the students and staff. Nothing in the School’s complaints and appeals policy removes the right of any overseas student to pursue other legal remedies.
I confirm that I have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions of enrolment (including refund policy). I acknowledge and agree that; this is an application only to study at Townsville International English School (i.e. it does not guarantee a place). I will adhere to the code of conduct at TIES. By checking below, you are consenting to the use of your electronic signature in lieu of an original signature on paper.